We are opening a trial shop in Coopers Square Shopping Centre in Burton – hopefully in November and need a commercially minded, people person with excellent retail management skills including a flair for merchandising to help run what will be a two-floor store selling predominantly fashion, furniture and homewares.
Various positions – contracts 22.5 hrs, 20 hrs, 15 hrs and 13.5 hrs weekends
Flexibility in working days / times is essential
Roles will include both customer service and stock processing
£8.21 per hour initially a 3 month fixed term but with potential for extension
Due to the safeguarding requirements of young volunteers in our shop we are unable to accept applications from anyone under the age of 18.
Supported by a Shop Manager and Assistant Manager you will need to:
• Help the shop reaches its full sales and gift aid sign up and income potential
• Deal with a potentially high level of donations, working to stock processing targets and quality standards
• Take part in organising furniture collections and deliveries
• Support Volunteer Recruitment and ensure a positive and productive team of volunteers
• Comply with all legal and organisational policies and procedures
• Oversee the shop in the absence of the managers
• Support our values of Openness, Trust, Togetherness, Excellence and Respect
We provide full training and support, opportunities to develop your retail, customer service and supervisory skills, experience working in a diverse team of people and job satisfaction through working to raise vital funds for a local children’s hospice who are supporting a number of children with life limiting conditions and their families in Burton.
We are unable to accept CV’s. Please apply as soon as possible, we may close the role early if we receive a high number of applicants.
Please note these are fast paced and physically demanding role requiring long periods of standing and manual handling including moving of bulky furniture. Reasonable adjustments to enable individuals to meet the demands of the role will be considered.
Due to safeguarding requirements of young volunteers, any offer of employment for this role will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: Tues 24th Sept 2019 midnight
Interviews: Friday 4th Oct 2019 in Burton