Are you an existing Retail Manager experienced in Charity Retail or looking for a change? Or a skilled Assistant Manager ready for a big step up?
37.5 hours per week to include regular weekends, 5 days out of 7
£18,500 pa initially 6 month fixed term but with potential to be ongoing
We are opening a trial shop in Coopers Square Shopping Centre in Burton – hopefully in November and need a commercially minded, people person with excellent retail management skills including a flair for merchandising to run what will be a two-floor store selling predominantly fashion, furniture and homewares.
Joined by an Assistant Manager and some part time shop assistants you will need to:
• Ensure the shop reaches its full sales and gift aid sign up and income potential
• Manage a potentially high level of donations, working to stock processing targets and quality standards
• Organise furniture collections and deliveries
• Taking a proactive approach to Volunteer Recruitment and build a positive and productive team of volunteers
• Comply with all legal and organisational policies and procedures
• Support our values of Openness, Trust, Togetherness, Excellence and Respect
We provide full training and support, opportunities to develop your retail, customer service and supervisory skills, experience working in a diverse team of people and job satisfaction through working to raise vital funds for a local children’s hospice who are supporting a number of children with life limiting conditions and their families in Burton.
We are unable to accept CV’s. Please apply as soon as possible, we may close the role early if we receive a high number of applicants.
Please note these are fast paced and physically demanding role requiring long periods of standing and manual handling including moving of bulky furniture. Reasonable adjustments to enable individuals to meet the demands of the role will be considered.
Due to the safeguarding requirements of young volunteers in our shop we are unable to accept applications from anyone under the age of 18. For the same reason any offer of employment for this role will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: Sunday 22nd Sept 2019 midnight
Interviews: Monday 30th Sept 2019 at The Donna Louise Hospice in Trentham