The Donna Louise supports families across Staffordshire and Cheshire. Anyone can refer a child, aged 0-19, to The Donna Louise provided that they have the family’s consent.
Referrals to The Donna Louise can be made by the family themselves, a relative or family friend or by a professional, as long as they have the family’s consent. The first step is to get in touch with a member of the Care Co-ordination Team.
A Care Co-ordinator will take a few details and explain the criteria and documentation required by the team. We use the following broad categories to identify the children who would benefit from our services:
- Life-threatening conditions for which curative treatment may be feasible but can fail.
This includes when treatment fails or during an acute crisis, irrespective of the duration of threat to life.
- Conditions where premature death is inevitable.
There may be long periods of intensive treatment aimed at prolonging life and allowing participation in normal activities.
- Progressive conditions without curative treatment options.
Treatment is exclusively palliative and may commonly extend over many years.
- Irreversible but non-progressive conditions causing severe disability, leading to susceptibility to health complications and likelihood of premature death.
- You need to be within our catchment area.
If you are unsure about our catchment area, you can access full details of the towns and districts that we cover in the Catchment Area Map.
We are happy to receive referrals by phone, letter or e-mail and accept referrals at all stages of a child or young person’s condition.
The Donna Louise, 1 Grace Road, Trentham, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 8FN
You can contact our Care Co-ordination Team on 01782 654440.